Everyone loves a good New Year’s resolution list. It’s a new year and anything is possible! This year, make a list that includes your pet- it’s a good way to strengthen the bond you’ve already created! Create realistic goals that you and your pet can achieve. Don’t set too many goals. Ease into them. Be consistent. Remember your reasons. Celebrate small wins.
If you can’t think of any, we’ve made a list for you!
- Make a new friend by adopting!
- Commit to a certain amount of time outdoors depending on size and type of animal. Make cardio fun!
- Commit to a healthier diet- maybe for your pet and you!
- Make more time to play! Keep their minds and bodies stimulated
- More cuddle time is never a bad thing.
- Think about animal hygiene (balm for paws, skin/coat care, dental, etc.)
- Try out some new DIY treats (check out our previous post)
- Learn a new trick!
- Update your pet’s information on their pet tags and chips.
- Donate or volunteer at an animal shelter.
You’re not alone- everyone has troubles sticking to their resolutions. Here are some ways to keep yourself accountable:
- Create a schedule or alarm for times.
- Have a friend join you.
- Make the most of your down time.